Compensation for short-haul flights
Compensation for medium-haul flights
Compensation for long-haul flights
* minus 25% commission (incl. VAT) corresponds to 187.50€ / 300.00€ / 450.00€
The idea of the passenger rights regulation EU 261 is actually that companies like Late-Fly have no reason to exist! The regulation regulates exactly how an airline has to behave if inconsistencies occur during the trip.
Unfortunately, experience shows that airlines tend to take insufficient care of the rights of affected passengers.
Passengers are often not informed about their rights to food and accommodation, nor about the compensation payments.
Even if there are airlines that dutifully take care of their passengers, it remains a tiresome matter to fight your way through the paragraph jungle of the regulation on your own and to enforce your claims yourself.
But since this jungle is our daily bread, it is more like a well-laid out garden for us. The assertion of your claims is therefore very easy for us and saves you a lot of time and nerves.
Frequently asked questions
1. How much is the compensation for delays?
Flights up to 1,500 km and more than 2 hours delay: 250€*
Flights up to 3,500 km and more than 3 hours delay: 400€*
Flights from 3,500 km and more than 4 hours delay: 600€*
*minus our comission
2. Does the departure time or the arrival time count?
Basically you get the flat rates in the amount of 250/400/600€ only if you arrive 2/3/4 hours late.
However, there are also compensations for delayed departures in the form of meal vouchers for food and drink within the airport.
If the departure is postponed to the next morning, you will also receive a voucher for the taxi and hotel. Simply request this at the respective service point of the airline.
3. How much is our commission?
Our commission is 25 % incl. VAT. This is lower than what most providers of similar services charge.
Calculation example: We keep €62.50 of the €250 and pay you €187.50.
4. How much compensation is there in the event of cancellation?
In the event of cancellation, the airline must ensure that you get alternative transport as quickly and as well as possible. However, this often means that the flight takes place much later or even the next day. You are entitled to the following in the event of cancellation:
– Next possible replacement flights
– meals and Overnight stay in a hotel (incl. taxi to the hotel & back)
– In the event of a correspondingly late arrival, the flat rates of 250/400/600,-€*
*minus our comission
5. Do I also get compensation for package tours?
According to the passenger rights regulation EU 261/2004, other claims for damages remain unaffected by the assertion of the flat-rate compensation payments. In other words:
Even if you have booked a package tour and you are receiving a refund or discount from the travel agency, you can claim the compensation of 250/400/600,-€ additionally. In addition, you can also get compensation for the shortened vacation or other inconveniences! Just ask us personally and we will clarify this on a case-by-case basis.
6. Overbooked flights
It often happens that flights are overbooked! As a result, some of the passengers simply cannot be transported. You can tell that there is such a situation by looking at the SBY on your ticket. This means “standby” and is usually written where your seat should be.
Denied boarding against your will is treated in the same way as a canceled flight. So see point 5 in this FAQ.
7. Which flights does all this apply to?
In principle, the EU regulation applies to the following cases:
– Your flight is not older than 3 years (statute of limitations)
– Your flight was operated by an EU airline
– Your flight was not operated by an EU airline (e.g. Turkish Airlines), but started from an EU airport, e.g. BER to IST (note, does not apply to the reverse, i.e. IST to BER)
– There was no extraordenary circumstances (see FAQ 8.)
8. Are there exceptions? Is there a chance to get nothing?
As with everything in life, there are exceptions! These are usually present when the airlines are not responsible for the delay or cancellation of the flight!
The classic example of this is “extraordinary circumstances” in the form of storms.
As another example from nowadays you can take the corona regulations! For example, if you can’t provide a valid PCR test or proof of vaccination, then it’s your fault and you get nothing!
9. Do I get compensation per person or per booking?
The compensation is per person! No distinction is made as to whether minor children are included.
Example: Mom and dad with two kids, delayed on the trip to Mallorca = 4 x 400€ so 1.600€ minus the aforementioned commission.